Enrichment is an important part of daily life at The Arbours Primary Academy. We believe very strongly that all our pupils should have a wide variety of exciting opportunities that enhance their worldly experiences.
For more detailed information on some of our projects please open the document on the left.
As a David Ross Education Trust Academy, we believe that enrichment can help to raise academic standards, enhance performance and teach life skills that will equip our pupils for an ever-changing world.
Primary enrichment gives students the chance to participate in activities that supplement learning and enable them to broaden their skills and experiences, identify talent and enhance it.
At The Arbours we have a wide range of extracurricular activities on offer from sporting, the arts, academic and pastoral groups to join.
Some of the opportunities available this year for our pupils include:
- Swimming - All of our children have been swimming this academic year with Miss Marshall, a qualified swimming instructor.
- Year 3 and 4 have had year specific musical instrument whole class lessons led by Northamptonshire Music Services.
- Class trips as part of their studies
- WOW events linking to the start of topics
- Residential experience in Key Stage 2.
- Art Month- Hoot for a Boot
- Strictly Come Dancing
- Introduction of a School Choir and performances across Northampton
- Shakespeare School Festival project for Year 5
- Careers Fair
What sort of skills does enrichment teach?
- Determination to succeed
- Winning and losing with grace
- Respect for others
- Confidence in yourself
- A sense of fun and enjoyment
- Focus and attitude
- Health benefits
Academies across the Trust are encouraged to work collaboratively to make the most of the opportunities on offer.
Highlights from last year include:
- A Big Sing led by Opera North
- 14 of our primary schools participated in the Shakespeare Schools Festival
- 6 of our primary schools worked with The Northern Ballet, this involved a trip to see a production and several workshops
- Several of our Northamptonshire schools developed partnerships with The Royal & Derngate Theatre and The Corby Cube
- Junior Strictly Northampton Dance Competition
Our most recent opportunities include:
- A working partnership with Lincoln Castle, Gainsborough Old Hall and The Museum of Lincolnshire Life, offering half or full day trips.
- Nevill Holt Farm: A working farm available to our schools for day trips or camping overnight.
For further information about the enrichment opportunities that are on offer please contact:
Shane Ward & Alex Green
To contact us please call head office:
01476 566 801